Close this search box.

Motorcycle Accident Compensation

  1. Home
  2. »
  3. Motorcycle Accidents

Motorcycle Accidents

In the two decades of our law practice, we’ve seen how devastating motorcycle accidents can be. 

Statistically motorcycle accidents usually result in either catastrophic (ie. severe injury, amputation, quadriplegia, or death) with long lasting effects and consequences affecting loved ones and people close to the motorcyclists. However, even riders with minor injuries may be eligible to make a claim. 

Recovering from a motorcycle accident can be an intense journey, both physically and emotionally, not to mention the financial implications. This is where we can help. We want you to know that if you’re a motorcyclist who’s been injured in an accident, you have the right to seek compensation from the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the vehicle responsible for the incident. This applies in cases where another vehicle collided with you. For example, forcing you off the road, failing to give-way, or similar incidents.

If the driver responsible for the accident fled the scene or remains unidentified, you may still have the opportunity to file a claim against the Nominal Defendant. This entity often serves as a stand-in for the CTP insurer under such circumstances.

In the unfortunate event of a road fatality, we can also help the deceased’s family file a “dependency” compensation claim, and in certain situations, claims for psychological trauma as well.

Understanding Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents

The Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) is responsible for managing the CTP insurance scheme in Queensland. This scheme is there to cover personal injury claims arising from vehicle accidents, including motorcycles. It’s designed to ensure that victims of road accidents can access the compensation they need for their injuries.
Steps to take after you’ve been in an accident.


  1. Report the Accident:
    File a police report as soon as possible. We can assist you with this if needed.
  2. Medical Documentation:
    Obtain a medical certificate from your doctor detailing your injuries.
  3. Claim Submission:
    Our team will handle the paperwork and submit your claim to the appropriate CTP insurer in Queensland.

Understanding Your Claim Options

Depending on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident, you may be eligible for compensation through various avenues:

  • CTP Insurance: Queensland’s CTP scheme provides compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
  • Superannuation Insurance: If your injuries prevent you from working permanently, you might be eligible for
  • Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) benefits through your superannuation.
  • Public Liability: In some cases, you may be able to make a public liability claim against the party responsible for the acciden

How can Brandon & Gullo Lawyers help me with my claim?

Motorcycle accident laws and compensation schemes can be complex. An experienced lawyer can:

  • Explain your claim options and guide you through the process.
  • Negotiate with the insurer to secure the maximum compensation you deserve.
  • Manage all communication and paperwork on your behalf.
  • Advocate for your rights throughout the entire claim.
In Queensland, there are strict time limits for filing a motorcycle injury claim. Generally, a claim must be lodged within three years from the date of the accident. However, it is advisable to seek legal advice as soon as possible to ensure that you meet all the necessary deadlines.

Contact us as soon as you think you have a claim

Your first step with us is free